Guidance services are available to students for academic, vocational, and personal development. Appointments with counselors may be requested by students or by their parents. Parents may phone or email the counselor for appointments; students may stop by the College and Career Center (CCC) to request an appointment.
Some of the specific services offered through the guidance program are:
- Individual and/or group academic, career and college counseling.
- By special appointment or teacher referral, personal counseling.
- Use of a College/Career Center.
- Providing information about employment possibilities as this is received from the community. (The counseling office does not offer a job placement service.)
- Opportunities to speak with representatives of colleges who visit the campus.
- SAT and ACT information workshops.
- Financial aid for Colleges information and general workshops for parents and students.
- Referrals for various types of services are available to students and their families.
Naviance Family Connection is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents that can be used to research and help make decisions about colleges, scholarships and careers. Naviance Family Connection is linked with our counseling office, and provides up-to-date information that is specific to Bishop Conaty - Our Lady of Loretto High School.
The College Club meets every Friday at lunchtime with the Guidance Counsellor, Mrs Morales, to assist students with the College application process.
Course Planning Handbook