Dear Senior Parents and Students,
It has been a wild ride this last year, and it is hard to believe that the class of 2021 will soon be graduates. COVID-19 metrics continue to change, but we know how meaningful the coming weeks will be for you and your family and we want to provide you with information for your planning. The Administration, Faculty, and Staff at Bishop Conaty – Our Lady of Loretto High School have put together this initial graduation information to provide you with upcoming dates and other important information. Keep in mind, physical distancing metrics will continue to change and may affect the events listed in this letter, but we assure you that it is our intention to do everything in our power to provide a live graduation event for all the graduates and include as many family members as possible for each of the events while keeping our graduates and their families safe.
We are excited to announce that commencement exercises will be held on our campus, adhering to state and local guidance to allow our graduates and some family to attend live!! The date is May 28, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Each graduate is allowed a maximum of four guests. All guests must be preregistered in order to attend the graduation ceremony. Seniors must complete the Google form indicating the names of their guests. Wrist bands will be provided to seniors at rehearsal and guests are required to wear them to enter campus. All attendees must wear a mask. There can be no exceptions to these requirements due to state and local guidance.
- There will be a lottery for seating assignments held on May 7 at 10:00 a.m.
- In addition to their cap and gown, each graduate will receive two masks one for each the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation Ceremony.
Other Senior Events in Planning:
- Final Exams: May 24, 25
- Awards Program: Virtual event, May 21, 6:00 p.m.
- Baccalaureate Mass Rehearsal: May 24, 3:00 p.m.
- Graduation Rehearsal: May 25, 3:00 p.m.
- masks, cap & gown pickup, wrist band pickup
- Baccalaureate Mass: May 27, 2021, 4:00 p.m. at The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
- Graduates are allowed a maximum of 3 guests to the Baccalaureate Mass
- Other senior events
- Senior Celebration (Prom) on campus May 14, 2021 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. for details speak to the senior class moderator.
- Universal Studios (Grad Nite) tentatively May 20 to be determined by Universal.
- We love to highlight your accomplishments! Send an email including some sort of visual in the picture that signifies your college decision - t-shirt, sign, college pennant. Pictures will be posted on the school’s Facebook and Instagram pages beginning May 1.
Participation in end-of-the-year graduation activities is contingent on several important factors:
- Successful completion of all required classes for graduation, senior project and Christian service requirement.
- Continuing respect for and cooperation with school regulations that apply to all students through graduation.
- Payment of all tuition and fees owed to the school.
There are no exceptions to these requirements.